Saturday, February 11, 2012

Westford, Massachusetts, walk about

In Westford, Mass, today, I am among strip malls at about 2:30 PM EST. The mix seems to be about 2/3 corporate chains and big banks to specialty shops, diners, cleaners, and liquor stores, called “package stores” in mass. They sell beer, wine, and hard liquor. I would say that business is pretty lame for a seemingly good weather Saturday.

Hanging out in Lowell, Mass, and some of the more depressed areas of Connecticut is telling me there is more to the real story of America that is really not told in the mainstream media.

My paternal grandfather had a farm outside of Fargo, North Dakota. I learned how to drive on the farm on a field mower tractor, soon being allowed to drive on dirt and gravel roads in a 4 on the floor, Chevy pick up. Allowing me to go by myself with loaded pistols and high powered rifles was a common practice there. I was plus, or minus, age 10.

My grandfather told me about how the corporation and corporate farmers were talking over, using less than honorable methods. He got of of farming, in the 1970's just before the big corporate war on small farmers. He told me about the evil corporations. He told me America was being taken over from the outside, by international corporate owners and bankers. My aunts, uncles, and my father would think him a radical had he talked in depth with them, like he did with me as a small, and then a little bigger, child in the days I had to visit with him about once a year.

The elite most likely had a 50 year plan. If they started about 1960 on this last plan, we now see the results. We are under armed occupation, war was not declared openly, but there is a standing army around us, drones flying over spying, and there are CCTV cameras and electronic surveillance everywhere keeping track of people like me who are talking about subjects that I talk about. Soon this passive surveillance will be more overt. Expect more citizens to disappear off the street or to suddenly commit suicide under mysterious circumstances. The corporate/bankster elite secret society's population reduction program is starting to get into full swing, they just need to pop the clutch.

-stevengerickson AT yahoo Dot Com

Check out my liveleak.com video upload of Salem, Mass, and my trip from Boston to New York City by bus, subway and train. I had started that trip from a mill section of Nashua, New Hampshire. And before that, my home in Brattleboro, Vermont.

[My liveleak.com video uploads, click here]

[My mission]

[My main blog, The Stark Raving Viking]

* * * *

I placed the below comment in [this Opednews.com article on Unmanned Drones flying over US airspace as part of the FAA budget]:
Spying Cops before 9/11
Before 9/11 a cop in Stafford Springs, Connecticut, who lived with his mother and who had the word "Fat" in front of his name for his nickname, told me that I didn't deserve my wife came to my house and started bashing me into the siding of my house threatening to arrest me, which was foiled as there were witnesses to his assaulting me. He did arrest me for being assaulted. He had the witnesses change their statements 6 weeks after the fact so he could arrest only me.

He would recite the content of my phone calls and emails in the mid 1990's. So all this surveillance stuff is for police, judges, officials, and organized crime to steal your spouse, your children, your house, make you lose your job, and know where you are to railroad you to prison, assault, torture, and/or kill you. This is how they roll.

Don't for a minute think you can trust any of these people. Word search my name. (Steven G. Erickson)


-



Congress OKs 30,000 flying drones spying on Americans across U.S. cities

This article cross-posted from Natural News

By J. D. Heyes

It's the most benign thing in the world. In fact, it's a concept whose time has come and it will only help protect us and keep us safe. Naturally, there's nothing to worry about because there won't be any abuse of the technology. After all, spy drones are already being used around the U.S.; what's the problem with adding tens of thousands more?

In case you didn't know it -- and you probably didn't -- Congress, with little fanfare, passed an FAA reauthorization bill last week President Obama is expected to sign into law that will make it much easier for the government to put scores of unmanned spy drones into American skies.

Not only that, the legislation authorizes the Federal Aviation Administration to develop regulations for the testing and licensing of commercial drones by 2015. If the law takes full effect, it is believed as many as 30,000 drones could be hovering over the U.S. by 2020.

The drones, which are widely used in Afghanistan to spot and target suspected insurgents and Taliban operatives in that country as well as neighboring Pakistan, have been used by American government agencies like U.S. Customs and Border Protection, a division of the Department of Homeland Security, for a few years, in an observation/surveillance capacity. DHS has also used drones in disaster-relief operations, and advocates say they can be successfully employed to fight fires and locate missing hikers.

Say Good-bye to Privacy

Privacy advocates, however, are sounding the alarm good and loud.

"There are serious policy questions on the horizon about privacy and surveillance, by both government agencies and commercial entities," Steven Aftergood, head of the Project on Government Secrecy at the Federation of American Scientists, told the Washington Times.

Jennifer Lynch, an attorney with the Electronic Frontier Foundation, a watchdog group, added that her organization is particularly "concerned about the implications for surveillance by government agencies."

Her agency is suing the FAA to determine just how many certificates the agency has already issued to police, government agencies and a smattering of private research institutions to allow them to fly drones in U.S. airspace. The agency says it handed out 313 certificates in 2011; by year's end, 295 were still active "but the FAA refuses to disclose which agencies have the certificates and what their purposes are," said the Times.

"We need a list so we can ask [each agency], 'What are your policies on drone use? How do you protect privacy? How do you ensure compliance with the Fourth Amendment?'" Lynch said.

"Currently, the only barrier to the routine use of drones for persistent surveillance are the procedural requirements imposed by the FAA for the issuance of certificates," Amie Stepanovich, national security counsel for the Electronic Privacy Information Center, told the paper.

Surveillance Society

The use of drones to keep an eye on American citizens is just the next step in what has become the move towards a so-called "surveillance society" that is growing rampant in the U.S.

Barry Steinhardt, director of the ACLU's Technology and Liberty Program, says while the widening use of video cameras in American society may have helped nab some criminals, they often provide a false sense of security.




[more from Opednews.com source]

* * * *

[click here] for:

Target on Enemies List




[more]

-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Hit Counter